Docsplainin' -- it's what I do

Docsplainin'--it's what I do.
After all, I'm a doc, aren't I?



Friday, August 22, 2008

Blonde moment, 33 copies

It never fails. I always leave for a trip knowing I've forgotten something, and it's kind of a relief when I figure out what that something is and it's a minor something, like a toothbrush, rather than some disastrous thing, like forgetting to unplug the iron.

My syllabi are something like that: There's always an error somewhere. This one says that my Ethics students' reaction papers should use their student ID numbers in place of the Running Head as their only identifier---which does me no good at all should the pages of a paper become separated, because the Running Head only appears on the front! I meant to say, "manuscript page header", which appears on every page.

E-mailed everybody and got that straightened out before the first paper is due. Heaved a big sigh of relief.

If that's my only misstatement, we'll be in good shape.

No comments:

ShareThis